My Playlist

Thursday, March 4, 2010

The rise of UGLY FASHION at Balmain F2010

Balmain's new fall collection has really got me thinking about what I believe about fashion. Should fashion be beautiful or challenging to the eye? Am I a arch-conservative or is it just common sense to believe that clothes should look good on the wearer. Perhaps grotesque is the new cool. I love Dries Van Noten's clothes and he is widely regarded as anti-commerical!? ...but his clothes are also beautiful.  I think what makes great fashion are clothes which are challenging , interesting and beautiful. Balmain did none of these things in my opinion. I'll elaborate so you know what I mean:

*leather pants are very last season to use them as a first look for the collection is very un-inspiring (although I did like the fur coat)
Balmain Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

*Gold pants?... I mean did they run out of ideas! 
Balmain Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
*It is one thing to have ugly carpet in your house but it is another to cut up that ugly carpet and wear it as a garment. 
Balmain Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
*The dresses look vaguely...no exactly like the ones from the last two season...and they seem to be getting shorter (to save material?)
Balmain Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

No comments:

Post a Comment